Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Well I am still annoyed about my business partner who has been living out of my pocket for the last 18 months. I have so far sunk 120,000 Euros in to my bar and got out, er nothing. He has paid er... nothing in and had a wage and since opening has spent most of his time propping up the bar which I paid for, drinking the beer I paid for, keeping my indigent customers company. I do exactly the same in a lot of bars myself but the owners don't give me any cash for it.

The bar is currently closed due to the license being forged by our Gestor, who has 'done a runner'. However I am happier about it, it costs me more open than closed.

Basically, in return for giving my business partner 50% of the business, he set it up, to what was predominantly my design, which was fine. But he has failed hugely as a manager, he kicked out all the poker players who are now happily boozing in a bar down the road, employed a waitress that scares away more customers than she brings in. I have been telling him now for over a year that he needs to get a real job. During which time he has done a couple of odd jobs.

We opened July 8th last year and I paid the monthly losses up until January when I said 'no more' at which time he had considerably less to spend himself. The bar has consistently lost money and every month I am told that we'll break even. In reality sales have been sliding in line with cost saving. My business partner blames everything but management for the failings of the bar. The customers, that aren't there any more blame the management.

So when I said I want my business partner to sign over his half of the business I paid for to me. Because I am not going to continue to support it in this manner forever and offer him my Harley Davidson by way of compensation, he says he wants that plus 4000â‚Ź.

No dice!

No comments: