Sunday, October 29, 2006


About ten days ago I flew back to the UK. It was proving impossible to find a decent job in Spain given the political climate in the US that is impacting on the business sector I have worked in for the last five years. I have reluctantly left Laura with my friend Ken but she'll be flying here soon. I have had a few interviews and am waiting to hear if there are any positive results. I'm not really keen on anything I've found yet, but I've never really looked at work as something to enjoy, it's just what you've got to do to enable life.

I am very grateful to my friends who have really pulled for me recently, Ken, Dave and Amanda are all helping. It's hard not to feel a little dispondant, but I know something will turn up soon.

I'm looking forward to getting back on a motorcycle after a year out of the saddle and looking forward to seeing my wonderful soon-to-be-wife at the airport later in the week.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jase
Something makes me happy to think you are back in London. Something will come up soon and with Laura by your side things will be happy again! You look well!!

Anonymous said...

Hey mate,

I'm similarly getting frustrated with job hunting. Depressing sack of sh1t that it is. Its the worst paid job I've ever had.

Ping us an email and say g'day if you're about for a brew in London or whatever or ping us an email anyway.

You'll get a breakthrough soon, hang in there.
Cheers
Tim.

Jase said...

Hey Luce, thanks, it will be alright. I'd just like something to turn up before Xmas.

Hi Tim, we should definitely have a beer or three.

jase

Cathy said...

Great to hear from you again, Chase. Best of luck with the job hunt!

Andytgeezer said...

Job hunting! AAAAAAAAAARGH! I am close to biting off my left knacker and leaving the country, maybe even in that order. It's so frustrating I may even go back to the middle east. Whatchu reckon Jase? Gettin no action here in every sense of the word...

Andytgeezer said...

Yay! I got one! Cheers for the URL change too.

Carlos Guzman said...

I really hope something great comes up soon!
regards from little rainy Costa Rica...