Friday, October 31, 2008

Airport Security

I was just checking in online for an Air Canada flight to Toronto and I think their taking the security questions a bit far.
It's the third question that concerns me. "Do you have anything in your hand baggage which is sharp or pointed or any item that could be adapted to cause an injury to another person?" I was thinking about taking a magazine on board, but as Jason Bourne used one as a cosh in The Bourne Supremacy and even an amateur could give you a vicious paper cut with one, I now doubt whether any reading material is allowed on-board.
My SLR is also a no-no as it has a long strap and could be employed as a very expensive, single use mace. More or less anything can used to cause an injury by a malevolent person. Perhaps I should turn up chattel free and naked, as clothes could in theory be used to smother the unwitting fellow traveller.
Or maybe the governments and the dicks that works for them are just taking themselves and their own cleverness a little too seriously.

No comments: