Sunday, October 19, 2008


Attention Deficit Disorder

I have just started watching Pink The Series it is the first 'TV' series I have seen that was written from the outset for web broadcast. I get it via the Vuze network in HD but it's also available via YouTube. The production quality is superb, the acting, great, in a film noir comic style. It's about a female yogic gym addicted assassin in her late thirties or early forties who has agreed to do a series of government hits in return for being released from prison, which she wants to do so she can find a nice man to have a baby with as she's worried about her biological clock ticking. Each webisode segues between a scene in the present where our heroine Natalie Cross is either topping someone or being disappointed about the dearth of worthwhile boyfriend material and a flashback to her childhood with daddy teaching her to shoot, track, knife fight. For reasons I don't truly understand she reminds me of my friend Amanda.

The downside to this series and the reason that I probably won't continue to watch it is that each episode is about three minutes long once the initial commercial, credits and title sequence have been subtracted. So a series each episode of which is the same duration as a standard commercial break. A new episode is released once per week. On this basis it would take about three months to air an episode of Dexter and over twenty seven years to see the whole of the Sopranos. Life is just too short. I think I'll have a beer with Amanda instead, once down the pub, she always stays for more than three minutes and is, in general, much less likely to kill anyone.

No comments: