Thursday, August 04, 2005

Ambition.
I have decided that the key influencing factors on my life are lack of driving ambition combined with sloth. Although I put in vast amounts of effort when switched on to something there, is very little that holds my attention for more than a few months. Although I am impressed and admire artists, authors, scientists, spiritual leaders, some politicians, explorers, admirals, generals, my ancestors, people that can make a really good banoffee pie and the spirit of the common man, I am still waiting for the the fire of goal driven strife and passion to be ignited.

Egg poaching
My friend Joe has been extolling the virtues of poaching eggs in a bag of clingfilm, unaware of the carcinogens release when you warm it up. My preferred method in the absence of an egg poacher is to put two glass coffee cups into a larger saucepan with an inch or so of water in it. Put a dab of butter in each cup and then crack an egg in once the butter has melted. Put the saucepan lid on and a few minutes later you have ouef ecstasy to put on your buttered wholemeal toast.

Poetry
If you haven't read it recently read If. Also read Abou Ben Adhem.

No comments: