Saturday, December 24, 2005

Merry Christmas one and all!
I was planning on a different post without Xmas on my mind. A dear friend of mine Ken, wrote to me and I thought I would share my reply to him with all of you.



Remember always there are people in the world that love you and people in the world that need your love too. Some of them you already know, some you have lost contact with but still think about and they think about you, some you have yet to meet. As someone that believes in these things I know that you will realize that friendship and love ignore distance and time and that those whom you think of are always with you.

Xmas is important because it is a period of hope. A million years ago our ancestors shivered in the cold and knew without knowing; that the days had started to get longer; that although the worst may be yet to come, that it was the beginning of the end for winter and spring would follow with all the bounty that it brings. Xmas by another name was celebrated before Christianity and it will be celebrated after Christianity is forgotten, because of the seasons and the reason why they exist, it is a connection we share with the planet we live on and the path it follows through space. So for all the commercialization and hollow felicitations, there is still in all of us, that little golden thread of hope connecting us to the earth and to the people that we share it with, so with that thought present I would like to wish you, my dear friend, a very Happy Christmas.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Merry Christmas to you in Costa Rica!
Luv,
Cathy